Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fitting In


Trying to fit into a crowd or a group is totally normal. Everybody wants to fit in right? It makes you feel as though you're part of group and you're wanted somewhere, you're not just the third wheel. However, it is very difficult to try and force yourself to fit in someplace where you don't belong.

I remember lots of times when I didn't fit into a particular crowd or group and it made me feel unwanted. I felt as though I didn't belong and I was different. It's a terrible feeling. I was young then, and started to think that something was wrong with me. Why wasn't I good enough to fit in? Is it my hair? The way I dress? Like what was it? Then, I had to open my eyes and realize that I didn't fit in that group for a reason. That wasn't me. I belonged someplace else where the true me could shine and be comfortable doing it.

See, there are too many people trying to be who there not just to fit in. The "cool crowd" isn't always the crowd for you. Even though you want it to be. You have to be yourself and stick to it. Be honest with yourself and you will shine for being you.

" What is popular is not always right, what is right is not always popular"

Sometimes you have to let people in. Let them express themselves to you and not treat them as outcasts. Everybody doesn't have that dominate mind set of not needing to fit in. They look for someone to accept them. So it's a two way street. You can't judge a book by its cover. Get to know them and then make your decision wisely.

2 comments:

  1. This reflection is a very insightful and mature perspective for such a young person to have-- you are truly blessed with wisdom that usually takes many years of experience to acquire!
    DRJ 30-Sep-10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks! That's probably why me and Ronnie made such a good couple lol. He taught me a lot.

    ReplyDelete