Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Bad Choice of Mine


One bad choice of mine that I will never forget is when I let someone take advantage of me for the very first time. I didn't know what to do. I just let them take over me and use me. I regret this dearly because it seems as though I opened the threshold. I'm still to this day trying to close it. Once you let something happen once, they expect for it to happen again and again. After times of it happening it's practicly impossible to stop it.

If I could just go back and change what happened I would. It might seem like why can't she just stand up for herself and speak what's need to be spoke. But it's hard and you can't see that looking from the outside in. I am a very strong person and would say is well spoken but I'm not perfect. I'm instilled with fear however, not of them but, with myself.

"The key to change.....is to let go of fear"- Rosanne Cash

2 comments:

  1. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'
    Eleanor Roosevelt

    DRJ 18-Oct-10

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW... I love that quote. Good one.!.

    ReplyDelete