Friday, January 21, 2011

This is a poem I wrote called realize.



I wrote this poem when I was mad and thinking about my life one night. I hope you like it.

Why does an apple fall from a tree,
In other words why do all the bull shit and drama come to me?
It breaks down my body like a terrible disease,
Going for my lungs,
Now it's hard to breathe,
As the days go by I hope it gets better,
But it freezes my heart,
Like a breeze of cold weather,
Everything is starting to change,
Everything is starting to look different,
Now I'm attacking everything that isn't,
Why is this happening to me?
Why do I have this curse?
Things just went from bad to even worse,
Does anyone else have this pain?
Man, this question right here is driving me insane,
Why me, why this, why that?
I still can't get over the fact,
That I'm young, poor, and black.

1 comment:

  1. We all have quote-unquote haters, as they say. It doesn't matter that I'm old, middle-class, and white. You see, there will always be opposers of who you are. Perhaps they misunderstand you or don't want to understand you--period. Hater and opposers are driven by jealousy and fear, which in-turn is fueled by their deep-seated insecurities and/or being wounded by something or someone.
    DRJ 02-Feb-11

    ReplyDelete