Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A visit with Uncle Sammy


I went to see my uncle Sammy on a prison visit recently and it was great. I haven't talked to my uncle in a very long time because he's doing 25 to life in prison. So it was very nice plus I really don't have anyone to talk to about my deep feelings about stuff because I'm kind of secret with that kind of stuff. So it was nice talking to him and hearing his advice about some things. I was telling about my life school, work, and most importantly family. my family is crazy so I had a whole lot of events to tell him about. Slme for the good most for the bad so I don't think he took it to well. But overall he was happy that someone came up to visit him because no one really has. You know how it is whan you go to prison, everyone starts to abandon you and forget that you exist. Then he assumes everyone is going to say how much they missed hm when he gets out. Definitely my family. But hey you got to love them because they're family right? But anyways I have a cousin that's like a couple months older than me that's just a hot mess. She has been through a lot. Before I tell you what I told him let me tell you about her. When she was born my aunt gave her away to her grandmother for reasons I don't know. Her grandmother had her since like two years ago and I believe that's when she was fourteen. That's a long time to be without your mother or siblings. My aunt has four others kids that she kept with her but gave her away. I think that ate at her and probably was one of the reasons she did what she did. Word was that her grandmother and people on that side did some wrong things to her. Things that we don't like to talk of. So when she finally came home to her mother her brothers and sister didn't you know treat her as family. She was a complete stranger to her. Plus she wasn't all the pretty like the rest. So they basically wasn't the type of family love that she expected. So soon enough she started prostituting and running away and doing drugs. Yupper. I seen with my own eyes her have to be carried away in an ambulance because of a drug overdose. So yeah it's crazy so she soon recovered but she ran away again and now to this day is missing and no one knows where she is. Yup a sad story. What's worse is who really cares about her enough to search for her. That's technically my first cousin and with me being so emotional it hurts. It could of been me you know.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about writing a book about your life? WOW!
    DRJ 11-Jan-11

    ReplyDelete